The Audit Committee assists the Board of Directors in its supervisory responsibilities.
The duties of the Audit Committee according to the Finnish Corporate Governance Code are:
- Monitoring the reporting process of financial statements;
- Supervising the financial reporting process;
- Monitoring the efficiency of the Company’s internal control, internal audit, and risk management systems;
- Reviewing the description of the main features of the internal control and risk management systems pertaining to the financial reporting process, which is included in the Company’s corporate governance statement;
- Monitoring the statutory audit of the financial statements and consolidated financial statements;
- Evaluating the independence of the statutory auditor or audit firm, particularly the provision of related services to the Company to be audited;
- Preparing the proposal for resolution on the election of the auditor; and
- Assessing the effects of any exceptional or significant business transactions.
The following picture describes the Audit Committee’s operating calendar.
Until 30 March 2017, the Audit Committee was chaired by Mr Joakim Rubin, with Mr Erkki Stenberg and Ms Caroline Sundewall as committee members.
At the Board’s constitutive meeting on 30 March 2017, Mr Joakim Rubin was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee, and Mr Perttu Louhiluoto, Mr Erkki Stenberg and Ms Caroline Sundewall were elected as members. Mr Louhiluoto, Mr Stenberg and Ms Sundewall are deemed independent of the Company and its major shareholders. Mr Rubin is deemed independent of the Company, but not independent of a major shareholder.
The Audit Committee held eight meetings in 2016 of which two were telephone meetings.
Further information on the Committee meetings as well as the attendance of the members at the meetings in 2016 is provided in the Corporate Governance Statement 2016.